243 East Georgia Street

Here’s a small building in Chinatown designed by E E Blackmore in 1910 for T T Wallace and later the home of Chinese produce merchant Ah Mew, seen here in 1933. The more recent replacement is one of two Housing Co-ops both named after Lore Krill. This one was designed by Joe Wai and completed in 2002. A small house with a false front can be seen on the right of both pictures.

photo source: City of Vancouver Archives CVA 99-4379

Advertisements

Posted December 25, 2011 by ChangingCity in Chinatown, Gone

Tagged with , , ,

%d bloggers like this: