Here’s the corner of Seymour and West Georgia Streets in 1926, and as it is today. It used to be Dalton and Eveleigh’s Masonic Temple, designed in 1909 and built at a cost of $45,000. It was redeveloped in 1971, and is probably headed for another redevelopment in the near(ish) future as it’s part of the Bay Parkade site now owned by Holborn Group. The building dimensions are so similar that it’s just possible the frame of the original building is buried deep inside.
West Georgia and Seymour – ne corner (1)