Cambie and Broadway sw (2)

Cambie from 8th south

Here’s another view up Cambie Street, this time from closer to West 8th Avenue. It’s supposedly 1931, the gas station and billboard we saw in earlier posts were also here – and the Bridgeway gas station appears to heve been owned by General Gasoline and sold Union 76 gasoline. The problem with that is that Union 76 was only introduced in 1932. The name referred to the 1776 United States Declaration of Independence, and was also the octane rating of the gasoline in 1932.

Image source: City of Vancouver Archives CVA 20-85

Advertisements

Posted July 17, 2013 by ChangingCity in Broadway, Gone

%d bloggers like this: